Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Manager, Public Health, Primary Care & Addictions Services |
|Work Site: ||Three Bridges Community Health Centre, Vancouver Community |
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Reference#: ||062462-nda |
Reporting to the Director, the Manager, Public Health, Primary Care and Addictions Services is responsible for the planning, delivery and evaluation of a broad spectrum of community programs that emphasize health promotion, prevention, primary and addictions care across diverse ages and populations. As an active member of the Community Health Area management team provides leadership and direction for operations management, planning, implementation and evaluation of services and activities within the areas of responsibility. Leads an inter-disciplinary team and works as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centered care, education and research.
Primary interactions and communications are with other Managers, Directors, physicians within the Community of Care (COC) and Vancouver Coastal Health, the Executive Directors of contacted agencies, leads of medical program and transition teams, the Senior Management Team, and community and health authority partners such as municipal government, provincial ministries, schools, police, and emergency services.
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and ability to utilize a computerized patient care information system required.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical programs considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
• Understands available resources for program/unit and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances, and makes recommendations for corrective action.
• Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of human resource issues.
• Fosters collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
• Promotes development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition #062462-nda. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Internal competition closes March 12, 2014. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
WS2 WS4 JFMAN JFNRG City_Vancouver