Come and experience the atmosphere of this community rich in clean air and fresh mountain streams! Stroll through our nature trails, or backpack on the mountain pass. Fish in our rivers that teem with salmon, steelhead and trout; or cruise the tide-waters for Chinook, halibut and cod. Photograph the wild grizzly bear, black bear, deer, mountain goat and the majestic bald eagle. Bella Coola is a paradise for the outdoor enthusiast and photographer.
FAMILY PRACTITIONER / GENERAL PRACTITIONER
Job Reference #: Physician Temporary Part Time – Bella Coola
To apply to this Physician opportunity, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com and Recruitment@unitedchurchhealth.ca
Please enter the Job Reference #: Physician Temporary Part Time – Bella Coola
- This is an Alternate Payment Arrangement Contract with The United Church Health Services Society.
- Contracts are based on full time of working a minimum of 1840 hours during 46 service weeks/52 weeks.
- The Part Time position is for a minimum of 920 hours provided during 23 services weeks.
- Working schedule is determined by a group process in January or February 2014.
Family Medicine services for regular clinics and emergency call providing full service Family Practice to a primarily First Nations community. Services are augmented with visiting Specialists.
Under one roof is the clinic, the hospital and community health services. The medical clinic has 4 physician offices, separate exam rooms, and clinic support staff. The 15 bed acute/residential hospital includes Med/Surg, Residential and Emergency Room services. Community services include Home and Community Care, Public Health, Mental Health, Physiotherapy and Pharmacy. Serving a population of approximately 1800, including a First Nations community, some Integrated Health Services are provided with the Nuxalk Nation. We are affiliated with Vancouver Coastal Health.
Date Range - April 1 2014 – March 31 2015 – One Year posting to cover Leave of Absence
Community - Bella Coola
Facility Type - Clinic/hospital ER
Specialty - Family Practitioner/General Practitioner
Sub-specialty - General
Type of Practice - Temporary Part Time 0.5 FTE or more if FTE is available after contract renewals in December.
Hours of Work - Minimum of 920 hours provided during 23 service weeks between April 1 – March 31
On Call - 1:4 or 1:3, depending on number of physicians on site
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation Type - Physician Service Contract
Estimated Yearly Remuneration - Approx. $144,000 (including additional remuneration of FPE listed below, but not including other potential benefits or MOCAP payment amounts).
Additional Remuneration - May be eligible for additional remuneration in accordance with the Rural Subsidiary Agreement (RSA) including:
- 24.5% Retention Fee Premium Equivalent (FPE),
- $21,420 Retention Flat Fee,
- Recruitment Incentive $20,000 prorated based on FTE.
- Housing is provided at a reasonable rate close to facility if available.
- MOCAP for being on call
Relocation Funding - Up to $15,000 as per Rural Retention Program
Recruitment Incentive - Yes, see above
Vacation Leave - Contracts do not have vacation time. Contracted for x number of service weeks – remainder of the year is off contract.
Overhead - N/A
Billing Split - N/A. As Alternative Payment Plan contract sites, Fee for Service is not applicable.
Other Benefits - As per the Rural Practice Incentives as operated and administered by VCH.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Current CPSBC License (Full)
- CMPA (Mandatory)
- CCFP (desired)
- Emergency experience.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment
To apply to this Physician opportunity, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter the Job Reference #: Physician – Part Time Bella Coola in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in this job opportunity.
Email this job to a friend.