Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Clinician, Diabetes Education Centre |
|Work Site: ||Community Health-NS-Central Esplanade |
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As Soon As Possible |
|Salary: ||$37.71 - $46.22 per hour |
|Hours: ||0800 - 1600 (shift times may vary due to operational/program needs; possible evenings/weekends.) |
|Reference#: ||064346-kma |
Within the context of a client and family-centred care model and in accordance with the College of Registered Nurses' of British Columbia (CRNBC) standards of professional practice, Code of Ethics, and the established mission, vision, values, objectives and policies of Vancouver Coastal Health, works as a core member of the interdisciplinary team to enhance the quality of care provided to the diabetic client population. Supports nursing staff in the provision of care by using information based on specialized theory/practice, assessing clinical skills and/or participating in direct client and family care as appropriate. Consults, confers, and collaborates with interdisciplinary team members, educational resources, and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in client centred care, education and research.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate in Nursing.
- Three years' recent related nursing experience encompassing assessment and treatment of diabetic clients.
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia.
- Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia Standards for Nursing Practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to diabetes (prevention/management) and diabetes education.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health promotion & population health strategies and frameworks/models.
- Comprehensive knowledge of chronic disease management and self-management support.
- Working knowledge of community resources.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, coach and facilitate staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cultural diversity and its relation to healthy lifestyle behaviors.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present educational programs and materials.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, patients and their families, and outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to Diabetes.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to Diabetes Education.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Demonstrated ability to access computerized multi-media resources for diabetes education.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, analyse and problem solve.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
JFNRG WS2 City_North Vancouver