|Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team. |
|Job Title: ||Nurse Practitioner (NP4BC Program) |
|Work Site: ||Sliamon (Tla'Amin) Community Health Services Centre, Powell River |
|Status: ||Regular Full-Time |
|Reference#: ||056299-nda |
Responsible and accountable for the comprehensive assessment of patients and clients including diagnosing diseases, disorders and conditions. Initiates treatment including health care management, therapeutic interventions and prescribes medications in accordance with the statutory and regulatory standards, limits and conditions, and employer policies and procedures.
Provides professional guidance to other health professionals and participates autonomously as a member of the interdisciplinary health teams making referrals to specialist physicians as appropriate. Collaborates with clients and other health professionals to identify and assess trends and patterns that have implications for clients, families and communities; develops and implements population and evidence based strategies to improve health and participate in policy-making activities that influence health services and practices.
Participates in peer review and self review to evaluate the outcome of the services at the client, community and population level. Responsible for own professional development and maintaining competence in the position.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
- Current registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- 4 years of recent,relevant clinical nursing experience.
- Successful completion of the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) required.
This position is part of the NP4BC program.
- Ability to perform the full scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to apply knowledge of developmental stages, behavioral sciences, pathophysiology, psychopathology, epidemiology, to clinical diagnoses.
- Ability to apply knowledge of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics to prescribing and evaluating treatment responses.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with patients and families about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self care and prognosis.
- Ability to collaborate, consult with and formally refer clients and patients to physicians and other health professionals when appropriate.
- Ability to critically assess and evaluate health research literature to determine best practices; ability to introduce education and evidence based research.
- Ability to assess and recognize population health trends; ability to plan and implement strategies for population based prevention and health promotion.
- Ability to implement and evaluate planned change.
- Ability to define the specific areas of practice and client population for whom the position is competent to provide health care services;
- Ability to supervise others and evaluate the care they deliver.
- Ability to lead a team and work within a team.
- Ability to self-direct, interact, and adapt effectively with other professionals in complex, dynamic situations.
- Ability to transfer knowledge, teach, coach and mentor others.
- Ability to identify and respond appropriately to legal and ethical issues that may arise in patient care.
- Ability to self-assess performance and assume responsibility and accountability for own professional development, educational or consultative assistance when appropriate.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition #056299-nda. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the "Internal Application Process". Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
WS1 WS2 WS4 JFNRG City_Powell River City_Vancouver