Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Coordinator, Home & Community Services |
|Work Site: ||Richmond Continuing Health Services |
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Reference#: ||062026-nda |
Reporting to the Manager, Home & Community Care who is responsible for Home Services and Community and Ambulatory Programs in the Richmond Community of Care, the Coordinator is accountable for the effective and efficient functioning of services and programs including planning, implementing, delivering and evaluating complex and varied services to meet program needs. Working closely with colleagues and co-workers within the home and community care health framework, he/she coordinates the day-to-day processes and activities, including scheduling and human resource management, and is accountable for developing and monitoring the budget and completing applications for funding and reporting. The Coordinator liaises and communicates regularly with various external groups of the community such as government Ministries and agencies, contracted services, clients and their families, consumer groups, health agencies, educational, personal, and other community/site partners. In addition to leading an inter-disciplinary team, works as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and interacts with internal stakeholders such as Directors, Managers, Physicians, Licensed Practical Nurses, Nurses, Allied Health staff, Case Managers, and Community Health workers in areas such as palliative, hospice and cancer care, chronic disease services, community ambulatory care services and/or home support services. They will also lead committee and task groups, and work with researchers as required for conducting daily business and achieving program goals and objectives.
Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession.
Five (5) to seven (7) year's recent, related clinical experience, including direct supervisory experience.
Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment.
Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and ability to utilize a computerized client care information system required.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Applies knowledge of a wide range of cross-cultural, geriatric, chronic disease and diversity issues and exhibits comprehensive knowledge of home service and/or community and ambulatory program issues including palliative and cancer care integrated service within a health care environment as required by the position.
• Collaborates with Manager and internal/external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical services considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
• Collaborates to develop and monitor area budget, submits proposals and necessary follow-up reporting to secure additional funding from a variety of sources, provides feedback and analysis on variances, and makes recommendations for corrective action.
• Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of human resource issues.
• Fosters collaborative working relationships that promote cooperative goal achievement and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
• Uses analytical abilities to review current processes, identify areas for improvement, plan and implement program development, formulate policies and procedures, write reports, and analyze statistical data.
• Applies superior judgment, political expertise and effective verbal, written and technological communication skills when obtaining information, providing advice/information and otherwise communicating.
• Keeps informed about legislation, regulations, industry trends, technology and protocols, and shares knowledge and supports staff to integrate evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition 062026-nda. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Internal competition closes October 31, 2013. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
WS2 JFCHS JFMAN City_Richmond City_Vancouver