Reference#: 056477JOB SUMMARY:
Within the context of a patient and family centred care model and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, and the vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health, this position provides occupational therapy services to enable patients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes. Duties include assessing patient’s occupational performance utilizing an evidence-based approach, planning and implementing goal directed services, evaluating the effectiveness of the service, preparing and maintaining records, participating in interdisciplinary research, demonstrating safe and effective resource utilization and quality management and contributing to the development, review and promotion of occupational therapy services. As required, contributes to the organization and delivery of occupational therapy services, and participates in departmental/program quality improvement initiatives, meetings, research and education. QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Master's/Baccalaureate Degree in Occupational Therapy. Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC)
. Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT). KNOWLEDGE & ABILIITIES
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area.
- Basic knowledge of occupational therapy standardised tests and measures. Broad knowledge of occupational therapy theory and practice within a patient and family centred model of care.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower patients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and patients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required. Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skill in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate to occupational therapy treatment.
- Basic computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the "Internal Application Process". Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health. JFTHP City_Sechelt WS1 OT