Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Radiation Safety Advisor |
|Work Site: ||Corporate - VGH EE |
|Status: ||Regular Part Time - Baseline (0.5 FTE) |
|Reference#: ||060173-msa |
Reporting to the Manager, Safety & Prevention Services, promotes a safe and healthy environment for staff, patients and visitors through planning, developing, implementing and evaluating authority-wide radiation safety programs (ionizing and non-ionizing) for Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
• Leads the development of radiation safety policies, programs, and guidelines in consultation with stakeholders and in accordance with provincial and federal regulations.
• Collaborates with and provides technical advice and support to internal stakeholders including Directors, Managers, Radiation Safety Officers, Radiation Safety Committees and frontline staff.
• Develops and implements education programs and training materials to raise awareness of radiation safety, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and promote a positive safety culture.
• Participates on and/or leads various Radiation Safety Committees and/or working groups.
• Prevents and reduces workplace hazardous exposures and injuries by supporting effective investigation of incidents, providing analysis and interpretation of unusual conditions/safety concerns, and recommending methods to control hazards.
• Engages staff, managers and senior leaders in the analysis of staff safety data and supports them in the development of action plans to address issues.
• Participates in audits to monitor and evaluate implementation and the effectiveness of radiation safety programs.
• Represents VCH’s interests in dealings with regulatory agencies such as WorkSafeBC and the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission, in consultation with stakeholders.
M.Sc. in a relevant scientific discipline (Health Physics, Radiation Biology, Occupational Hygiene) from a recognized institution, or B.Tech. in a relevant scientific discipline (Medical Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, Biomedical Engineering) from a recognized institution, plus three (3) years of recent professional operational radiation safety experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Knowledge Radiation, Physics and Biology.
• Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations.
• Knowledge of industry-recognized radiation safety organizations and practice standards.
• Superior communications skills to collaborate and influence internal/external stakeholders in investigating OH&S issues, providing advice and guidance
• Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate and coach.
• Intermediate computer literacy in Excel, Power Point and Word.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition 060173-msa. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Internal competition closes September 3, 2013. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
JFHRE WS5 City_Vancouver