Reference#: 056236JOB SUMMARY:
Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice as well as within a client and family centered care model and the vision and values of the organization. Performs abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, small parts, and echocardiography ultrasound examinations, observing patient safety practices. Duties include receiving and completing requisitions, entering relevant data into the diagnostic imaging information system, preparing patients for specific procedures, and conducting examinations utilizing ultrasound and Doppler techniques. Participates on committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certified or Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP) certified. Must be a graduate of a recognized training program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Adult Echocardiography
. Training offered in TEE’s, General: NICU and High Risk OB.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice for Diagnostic Medical Sonography procedures including abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, small parts, and echocardiography.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aseptic techniques.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with diagnostic sonographic and medical imaging equipment.
- Broad knowledge of imaging acquisition applications and digital imaging storage and distribution networks such as PACS.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the "Internal Application Process". Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health. JFLAB City_New Westminster City_Vancouver WS1 ultrasound