Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Regional Advisor, Clinical Education |
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital (Regional position working across Vancouver, Richmond, Coastal and Community) |
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Reference#: ||061682-msa |
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Regional Advisor leads the development, implementation and evaluation of health authority-wide regional education initiatives and uses a strategic and innovative approach to ensure that the designated education is regionally coordinated, contextually relevant and mechanisms to support the initiatives are identified. Under the direction of the Manager, works with various stakeholders to communicate progress, ensures overall understanding of regional initiatives and that specific deliverables meet standards and overall goals. Assesses current and future needs, continuous quality improvement, gathers input for use in development of overall standards, facilitates consensus in the determination of standards, policies and guidelines, and guides the implementation of standards, policies and guidelines for the designated programming within Vancouver Coastal Health. Key working relationships are with managers, union representatives, educators, clinicians and external stakeholders such as academic partners and other BC Health Authorities.
Bachelors Degree (Masters preferred) in a related field
Five (5) years of recent, related experience in clinical education.
Affiliation/certification with an appropriate professional association.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Applies comprehensive knowledge and skill in educational theory and practice including competency and curriculum development.
• Uses research, technology and related best practices as well as an understanding of health care disciplines and networking abilities to support and enhance educational practices.
• Fosters creativity and innovation in strategic education planning and in the development of knowledge translation through teaching and learning strategies.
• Applies superior written communication abilities and proficient computer skills in the design and composition of creative, high quality, interactive learning materials.
• Superior process design and project management abilities applied in the design and development of education strategies and initiatives.
• Strong working knowledge of a variety of software packages to develop, design and present various educational and promotional materials for innovative educational programs and initiatives.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition 061682-msa. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Internal competition closes October 24, 2013. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
WS1 WS5 JFMAN JFNRG City_Vancouver City_North Vancouver City_Richmond City_Sechelt