Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Clinical Practice Leader, Public Health, 0 to 5 Population |
|Work Site: ||Raven Song Community Health Centre |
|Status: ||Regular Part Time - Baseline (0.8 FTE) |
|Reference#: ||061871-nda |
Reporting operationally to the Manager, Infant/Child/Youth Services, the Clinical Practice Leader, Public Health, 0 to 5 Population is responsible for providing leadership and expert advice in the area of nursing, including resource planning and research as well as professional development. As an expert advanced practice nurse, the Clinical Practice Leader receives direction and reports on professional matters to the Professional Practice Director, VC. Works with colleagues and co-workers to achieve excellence in the delivery of strategies relating to the 0 to 5 population and their families across community health areas in Vancouver Community. Leads in the planning, development and implementation of clinical policies and programs designed for improving the quality of services. Responsible for specialty specific standards of practice, stays current with literature on nursing practice and promotes the advancement of a research and theory based autonomous practice of nursing. Assumes a leadership role in advancing the practice of nursing through education, communication, research and support for quality and utilization initiatives. Facilitates services across the continuum of care collaborating with partners and other stakeholders such as Ministries of Health, Education, Children and Families, Public Health Nursing Leaders, BC Womens and Childrens Hospital, Providence Health Care and BC Centre for Disease Control. Supervises designated staff and provides leadership and expert consultation to VC staff, patients/clients and families/significant others. The Clinical Practice Leader works collaboratively with Operations Directors, Medical Directors, Medical Health Officer, Program Managers, Clinical Educators, nurses and others members of the interdisciplinary team.
Masters degree in Nursing with a major in the designated clinical specialty or equivalent plus current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia. Advanced competencies in immunization and breastfeeding. A minimum of five (5) years’ recent related community/public health nursing experience with the 0 to 5 population group and care of the woman/child/family prenatally to age 5 as well as experience in a progressive leadership role. Membership in provincial, national and/or international professional association(s) related to clinical specialty preferred.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Effectively collaborates to build relationships that promote the achievement of cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
• Professionally consults to enable the successful sharing of expertise with caregivers, patients/clients, families/significant others and other members of the public.
• Proficiently provides and vigilantly evaluates education/orientation on complex advanced practices and abilities to ensure skills levels are acquired or maintained by team members to meet overall practice standards.
• Skillfully, and in consultation with academic institutions and professional bodies, identifies/develops discipline specific standards for teaching and education.
• Utilizes expert acute clinical evaluation skills to assess needs of the patient/client and their families/significant others.
• Collaboratively leads in the identification, planning and implementation of ongoing activities to support research initiatives.
• Exhibits advanced verbal, written and technological communication and presentation skills when disseminating information/advice and/or promoting the use of research findings.
• Applies knowledge of a wide range of cross-cultural and diversity issues within a health care environment.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition 061871-nda. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Internal competition closes October 24, 2013. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
JFMAN City_Vancouver WS2