Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Manager, Mental Health & Addictions |
|Work Site: ||520 West 6th, Vancouver |
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Reference#: ||061776-nda |
Reporting to the Director, Mental Health & Addictions, this position is responsible for the delivery of effective and efficient mental health & addiction services for the Health Services Delivery Area (HSDA).
Provides leadership and direction for operations management, planning, implementation and evaluation of mental health and/or addiction services and activities related to utilization and risk management, and quality of the service. Plays a critical role in addressing the ongoing issues/needs of clients and their families and ensures a smooth transition from the acute care environment to appropriate community health services. Leads an inter-disciplinary team and works as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centered care, education and research. Primary interactions and communications are with other Managers, Directors, physicians within the HSDA and Vancouver Coastal Health, the Executive Directors of contacted agencies, leads of medical program and transition teams, the HSDA Senior Management Team, and community and health authority partners such as municipal government, provincial ministries, schools, police, and emergency services.
Master’s degree in a relevant health care profession.
Five (5) to Seven (7) year’s recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience in a mental health & addictions service setting.
Current registration/membership with a recognized professional organization.
Basic computer literacy with word processing, email applications, spreadsheets, and/or database programs.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Exhibits comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of relevant departmental polices provincial and municipal legislative requirements and other programs and processes related to the application of mental health and addiction services.
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate programs/services considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
• Understands available resources for program/services and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions.
• Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of human resource issues.
• Fosters collaborative working relationships and supports the ongoing development of staff.
• Utilizes knowledge of project management principles and techniques in a multi-site health care environment.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition 061776-nda. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Internal competition closes October 24, 2013. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
WS2 WS4 JFNRG City_Vancouver