Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (Operating Rooms) |
|Work Locations: ||Vancouver, North Vancouver & Richmond |
|Status: ||Various Opportunities |
|Start Date: ||As Soon As Possible |
|Salary: ||$31.71 - $41.63 per hour |
|Reference#: ||054152 |
CURRENT OPERATING ROOM POSITIONS
*Please include the Job Reference #'s of interest in your cover letter*
VANCOUVER GENERAL HOSPITAL - VANCOUVER
Job Reference # 059329-jfe
Status: Temporary Full-time until July 2, 2014 or return of incumbent.
Job Reference # 059781-jfe
Status: Temporary Full-time until July 31, 2014 or return of incumbent.
Job Reference # 061900-jfe
Status: Regular Full-time - Vacation Relief
RICHMOND HOSPITAL - RICHMOND
Job Reference # 062641-nda
Status: Temporary Part-time (0.50) until August 31, 2014 or return of incumbent.
Hours: 0600-1515 / 0715-1515 / 0745-1715 / 1445-2315/ plus on call, weekdays, weekends and stat holidays
*Remember to include Job Reference #'s of interest in your cover letter*
Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Registered Nurses' of British Columbia (CRNBC). Practices within a patient and family centred care model and the vision and values of the organization. Provides nursing services in an operating room environment as a member of an integrated surgical team performing varied and complex surgical interventions. Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family. Consults, confers, and collaborates with other members of the surgical team. Demonstrates continuous improvement and best practice approach in nursing practice and patient care. Maintains and advances own clinical competence. Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses' of British Columbia (CRNBC). Completion of a recognized advanced nursing specialty program in operating room nursing, or two years' recent, related experience in an acute care operating room environment.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a patient/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of CRNBC's standards for nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of perioperative nursing techniques, standards, instrumentation, supply and equipment requirements for a wide variety of surgical procedures.
- Broad knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Broad knowledge of pharmacology, and patient physiological responses related to anesthesia.
- Demonstrated ability to practice nursing in an operating room environment of an acute care teaching hospital.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and demonstrated ability in applying aseptic technique.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the "Internal Application Process". Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
JFNRG WS1 City_Vancouver City_North_Vancouver City_Richmond