Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Clinical Nurse Specialist |
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital, T9 Pancreatic Cancer |
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time (Until Approximately Oct 2015) |
|Reference#: ||061375-nda |
Reporting operationally to the Director, Surgery and professionally to the Professional Practice Director, the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Pancreatic Cancer is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Pancreatic Cancer Care Team as well as expert advice in the area of nursing, resource planning, program and health system improvement, research and professional development. Receives direction and reports on professional matters to the Professional Practice Director. Works with colleagues to achieve excellence in the delivery of services and patient/client care.
Provides a liaison between various hospitals and/or community programs to facilitate integration of care across the continuum. Leads in the planning, development and implementation of clinical policies and programs designed for improving patient/client care and quality of service. Responsible for specialty specific standards of practice, stays current with literature on nursing practice and promotes the advancement of a research and theory based autonomous practice of nursing. Leads in advancing the practice of nursing, particularly in Pancreatic Cancer, through education, communication, research and support for quality and utilization initiatives. Provides leadership and expert consultation to team members and other health care staff, patients/clients and families/significant others. Works collaboratively with Program Managers, Medical Directors, Clinical Educators, Nurse Clinicians, staff nurses, and others members of the interdisciplinary team.
Masters degree in Nursing plus current registration with the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia.
A minimum of five (5) year’s recent related experience working in a health care setting with a focus in Surgery / Oncology and in a progressive leadership role.
Canadian Nurses Association certification in Surgery / Oncology or membership in related provincial, national and/or international professional association(s) in Surgery / Oncology prefered.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Effectively collaborates to build relationships that promote the achievement of cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
• Professionally consults to enable the successful sharing of expertise with caregivers, patients/clients, families/significant others, other members of the public, and colleagues.
• Proficiently provides and vigilantly evaluates education/orientation on complex advanced practices and abilities to ensure skills levels are acquired or maintained by team members to meet overall practice and care standards.
• Utilizes expert acute clinical evaluation skills to assess needs of the patient/client and their families/significant others.
• Skillfully, and in consultation with academic institutions and professional bodies, identifies/develops discipline specific standards for teaching and education.
• Collaboratively leads in the identification, planning and implementation of ongoing activities to support research initiatives.
• Effectively leads and directs staff by providing a work environment that fosters motivation and respectful relationships, and enables decision-making.
• Exhibits advanced verbal, written and technological communication and presentation skills when disseminating information/advice and/or promoting the use of research findings.
• Applies knowledge of a wide range of cross-cultural and diversity issues within a health care environment.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition 061375-nda. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Internal competition closes September 27, 2013. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
(Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately October 1, 2015 or until the return of the incumbent.)
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
WS1 JFMAN JFNRG City_Vancouver