Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Transition Services Coordinator (Nursing) |
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital |
|Status: ||Casual / On Call |
|Start Date: ||As Soon As Possible |
|Salary: ||$37.71 - $46.22 per hour |
|Hours: ||0830-1630 |
|Reference#: ||058877-mta |
Within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) standards of professional practice, code of ethics, and the established mission, vision, values, objectives and policies of Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, the Transition Services Coordinator facilitates excellence in clinical utilization by assessing, monitoring and evaluating clinical processes across the organization, using utilization decision support and review tools. Advises on the status of clinical utilization, identifies and participates in the implementation of solutions for improving clinical utilization services to client care teams and other health care professionals. Performs duties such as collecting and entering data into computerized databases, conducting analysis, interpreting results, and generating a variety of reports related to clinical epidemiology and utilization studies to assist client care teams in improving the effectiveness of existing practices or procedures. Participates on committees as directed. Assists in administrative activities and optimal use of utilization program resources.
Education & Experience:
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing.
- Five (5) years' recent, related experience including three (3) years acute care nursing experience (to include a combination of medical, surgical and mental health tertiary settings)
- One (1) year experience in quality improvement, research and evaluation activities, and the Interqual ISD clinical decision-support tool or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practising registration with the Registered Nurses' Association of British Columbia.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the Registered Nurses' Association of British Columbia Standards for Nursing Practice.
- Broad knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to patient acuity and bed utilization practices within a tertiary level teaching hospital.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care and discharge planning.
- Broad knowledge of clinical studies methodology and data presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking within clinical and evaluation activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to demonstrate, facilitate and coach.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated computerized software skills in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, presentations and internet access and ability to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the "Internal Application Process". Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
JFNRG WS1 City_Vancouver