Reference#: 054269JOB SUMMARY:
Practices in accordance with the standards of practice and guidelines as outlined by the Canadian Anesthesiologists' Society (CAS) as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of the organization. Provides technical support and clinical assistance with induction, maintenance and recovery phases of anesthesia by working both under the direct clinical supervision of the Anesthesiologist and as a member of an integrated surgical team. Assists the Anesthesiologist in developing and implementing the anesthesia care plan and monitors physiological responses of patients to the induction of anesthesia during surgery. Ensures effective and safe patient care. Demonstrates continuous improvement and best practice approach in anesthesiology assistant practice. Operates, prepares and maintains anaesthesiology equipment. Maintains and advances own clinical competence. Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
Graduation from a recognized Anesthesia Assistant Program plus current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Eligible for membership with the Canadian Anesthesiologists' Society (CAS). Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of current anesthesia assistant theory and practice within a client/family centered model for care.
- Broad knowledge of the CAS clinical practice guidelines for Anesthesia Assistants.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to use departmental and hospital policy and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload prioritizes in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized patient care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the job.
Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the "Internal Application Process". Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health. JFTHP City_Vancouver WS1